The prestigious Africa Business Fellowship is a unique initiative that places talented American professionals within leading African companies for a minimum of 3 and up to 6 months. This opportunity will offer Fellows invaluable experience in one of the world’s fastest-growing global markets. Fellows will be exposed to sectors driving the continent’s dynamism, attend local seminars, and build relationships with some of the most influential African leaders on the continent.
Through this joint partnership, Econet (founded and led by Strive Masiyiwa, and also the Fellowship’s benefactor), Africa Leadership Network and MLT will offer this unparalleled opportunity for American professionals to gain invaluable insight and hands-on experience in African businesses. It is a career development opportunity, an inter-cultural exchange program, and a networking platform for participating Fellows.
- Educational and professional experience, including official transcript(s)
- 3 brief essay questions that help us understand your passions, skills and interests, as well as how the Fellowship ties to your career objectives
- 2 minute video response which allows our candidates to share more about themselves
- Written professional reference(s) from employer or other professional who can speak to candidate’s leadership experience and potential
- November 1, 2017: Round 1 (preferred) application deadline
- December 1, 2017: Round 2 (final) application deadline
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
We are looking for innovative and driven professionals, with strong leadership potential, who have a deep passion for learning about and experiencing first-hand business in Africa and promoting America-Africa business relationships. The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate Degree and/or 4+ years of meaningful business experience
- Track record of academic achievement and early professional success
- Strong analytic and communication skills
- Community-level leadership accomplishments
- Personal traits that reflect their potential: humility, integrity, ability to engage others, and a long-term vision for their place in the world
The Fellowship is open to US citizens and permanent residents. There is no ethnicity requirement.
2018 FELLOWSHIP TIMELINE
- Applications Open: June 21, 2017
- Preferred (Round 1) Application Deadline: November 1, 2017
- Final (Round 2) Application Deadline: December 1, 2017
- U.S. Orientation: First week of June 2018
- Travel to Respective Countries: First week of June 2018
- In-Country Orientation & First Day at Work: No later than June 15, 2018
- In-Country Retreat: August TBD
- Three Month Fellows Return to U.S.: September 2018
- African Leadership Network’s Annual Gathering: November 2018
- Six Month Fellows Return to U.S.: December 2018Still have questions? Visit our FAQ Page for more information or write to us at email@example.com.