This is a permanent, full-time position based in ClearlySo’s London office.
We are looking for an exceptional and committed professional to join the Investment Banking (“IB”) team to strengthen and broaden the work we do with our larger enterprise clients. The IB team provides specialist corporate finance advisory and transaction execution services to high impact enterprises looking to raise capital from institutional and individual impact investors.
The selected professional would work alongside our Head of Enterprises, Chris Parsons, in building out our fast-growing Education and Training (“E&T”) franchise within the IB team. ClearlySo has successfully advised numerous clients in the E&T sector, has ongoing live mandates and a strong pipeline, and is therefore seeking to expand the team. Many of our E&T clients, especially those with digital business models, are performing well commercially in this Covid-19 environment and able to deliver significant positive impact to their customers and stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who has strong corporate finance transaction experience skills, especially in capital raising, to help grow this E&T franchise in the IB team and is looking to utilise these skills to the benefit of the high-impact clients with which ClearlySo works.
This is a very exciting time to join the IB team as both our client pipeline and investor networks are growing rapidly. This reflects a significant step change in the impact investing market over the last year or so combined with ClearlySo reaping the benefits of its very strong brand presence. We are enjoying a full pipeline of high-quality transactions from existing and new clients and our extensive institutional investor network is growing rapidly across the UK and Europe. We have also significantly expanded and strengthened the sales and distribution element of the IB team to meet this demand and capitalise on ClearlySo’s unique position and momentum. The role offers a high level of exposure to entrepreneurs, investors and businesses at the forefront of the impact investment space.
Execution, origination and coverage in the E&T franchise
- Transaction delivery: project manage and drive transactions with our E&T clients and targeted investors to successful completion. This work will include rigorous client preparation, engaging and negotiating with institutional investors, ongoing tactical advice and assistance to clients, finalising commercial terms and proactive transaction management to completion
- Transaction origination: originate and convert new attractive capital raising transactions from our network of existing and potential new E&T clients
- Client coverage: continue building our strong relationship with E&T clients, including regular engagement with past clients and identifying and contacting attractive prospective clients.
Wider business development and collaboration
- Investors: Collaborate with ClearlySo’s Sales and Distribution team on assessing potential clients, delivering
transactions and strengthening relationships with investors active in E&T.
- Collaboration: assist and collaborate with other corporate finance professionals in the IB team in identifying potential clients and executing transactions in their sectors (Energy and Environment, Health and Wellbeing and Responsible Consumption).
- Marketing: work with the ClearlySo Marketing team on creative marketing campaigns to expand and strengthen the
market profile of our E&T franchise.
What we offer:
- An exciting and challenging role at Europe’s leading impact investment bank
- The opportunity to work alongside a highly-motivated and diverse team with a strong commitment to achieving our
mission and track record in closing impact transactions, which is uniquely positioned to capitalise on the surge in
transaction activity in impact investing.
- A salary at the higher end of the impact investing sector; stock options; pension contribution; and potential for bonuses based upon firm-wide and individual performance
- A pleasant, collaborative and dynamic place of work.
- Demonstrate strong corporate finance transaction experience, preferably in winning and closing institutional (e.g. Series A and / or Series B) capital raising transactions for high-growth organisations, from working in a leading professional services advisory firm(s).
- Experience in managing and driving all aspects of capital raising corporate finance transactions, including: thorough preparation with clients; outreach to investors, negotiation of terms with investors; management of due diligence; and overall transaction project management and tactical advice to clients
- Able to collaborate and work efficiently and positively with ClearlySo colleagues (other deal managers, Sales and Distribution, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Legal support).
- Ability to successfully address and manage clients and institutional investors through the more challenging aspects of transactions, including but not limited to valuation alignment, acceptable commercial terms and investment structure
- An independent and reliable colleague who can effectively engage with current or new investors on specific
transaction opportunities or wider coverage
- Enthusiasm for working in a small, entrepreneurial company and a boutique corporate finance firm and good cultural fit with the team
- Natural ability to make positive initial impression and form deep and lasting relationships.
- Clear commitment to and passion for a better financial system where the impact of investments is considered alongside financial risk and return.
- Attention to detail and financial prudence; rigorous and highly professional approach to managing clients and
transactions; and experience working in a regulated environment.
Nice to haves:
- Experience of working with E&T clients and / or successfully completing E&T transactions.
- An existing network of investors active in the impact investment or PE/VC funds market.
- Strong connections and network with institutional investors in Europe or family offices.
- Experience of working on M+A transactions.
- Knowledge of trends and regulations affecting the impact investment market.
- Proficiency in one or more Continental European languages.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, plus a brief covering letter telling us why you are a great fit for the role. The end date for applications is the 30/09/2020.
ClearlySo is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants must have an appropriate visa to work in the UK.
Read more about us on our websitehttps://www.clearlyso.com/careers/corporate-finance-professional/