This position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
We’re one of the largest agricultural service providers in Africa. We operate in six core countries (Burundi, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda) and run four pilots (Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, and Zambia).
Our business is improving the lives of our customers. Guided by our mission, we use the discipline of a business to deliver cost-effective services to millions of people. We believe that heart plus rigor can change the world.
Reporting to the CFO, the Global Finance Controller will manage the financial information at One Acre Fund that inspires internal decision-making and gives external partners the comfort to continue supporting us to achieve our goals and vision. You will ensure that One Acre Fund has the systems in place to support program scale and coordinate audits in all 10+ countries of operation. You will work with the CFO to harmonize financial operations, develop financial strategies, monitor all financial activities, ensure compliance with finance and tax regulations, and maintain good relationships with external service providers. You will oversee:
- Directly manage the leads of reporting, compliance and operations
- Systematize performance monitoring through indicators to shape a result-oriented team
- Provide leadership in enhancing the customer service centrist approach to the team’s work
- Recruit and develop an excellent finance team
Operations, Reporting & Compliance
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Prepare and provide periodic financial performance reports
- Oversee all external audits as needed by donors and for national regulators
- Ensure that all of our financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
- Use tech tools and data to increase the value added by finance
- Identify, champion and implement improvements that strengthen the ICOFR
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
We are looking for passionate finance professionals who combine leading with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Over ten years of experience in a senior management role with both external audit and in-house financial management (large multinational experience a plus)
- People management skills with the ability to engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Experience monitoring and improving control policies to ensure compliance
- Combine the ability to participate in and shape strategic discussions with a willingness to zoom-in to the detail and troubleshoot underlying root causes
- Business/Accounting degree or CPA (or equivalent) mandatory, master’s or certification in related field a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English
Interested candidates should apply through https://grnh.se/58d661dd1us
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace., please visit https://oneacrefund.org/about-us/