Role: Summer Associate
Term: 8-12 weeks
Location: San Francisco or New York City
Compensation: Commensurate with market standards and candidate experience
Application deadline: Feb. 28, applications considered on a rolling basis
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include investment strategy, investment product development, market intelligence and due diligence, strategic advice, and thought leadership.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience with a fast-growing firm that is working with a range of leading institutions active in the impact investing sector. The Summer Associate will support client-related work, which may involve a range of issues related to impact investing, according to active projects at the time of the internship. Tideline’s team is collaborative and open, and there will be many opportunities to learn and contribute.
Candidates must be based in either New York City or San Francisco for the duration of the internship. Applications are being considered for a position lasting 8-12 weeks between June to August 2018. Please indicate the timing of your availability and your preference between the New York City and San Francisco offices, if any.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conducting desk research and producing related analysis
- Supporting preparation of research, client, and marketing materials
- Participating in brainstorming and team discussions as appropriate
- Other responsibilities will be based on the candidates’ interests and experience, and may include: supporting financial analysis and modeling; supporting communications / marketing / social media efforts; or, supporting business development efforts
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Enrolled graduate students strongly preferred
- Minimum two years work experience
- Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
- Variety of applicable skills/experience, including strategy consulting, writing, communications/social media, business development, data analysis, financial analysis, etc.
- Successful candidates will possess exceptional critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Based in or willing to live in the New York City or San Francisco areas
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Please find more information here.