This position will be based in London, Great Britain.
PG Impact Investments is a global impact investment firm backed by Partners Group, one of the largest private markets investment managers in the world. Its mission is to harness the efficiency of private markets and entrepreneurship to alleviate poverty and address pressing social and environmental challenges.PG Impact Investments follows an integrated investment strategy aimed at generating both impact and market rate financial returns.
The firm invests across all sectors and geographies with a focus on housing, education, healthcare, financial services, energy access, and food and agriculture in emerging markets. The firm has executed transactions in the private debt and private equity markets as well as in funds and customized mandates.
We are seeking an experienced Debt Investment Manager. In this position you will lead all aspects of private debt transactions for PG Impact Investments in Africa; including origination, execution, structuring, negotiation and ongoing management. Other responsibilities include conducting research projects and producing marketing material, when necessary
Your task will include:
- Leading quantitative and qualitative analysis of social enterprises, including financial modeling,
- Credit risk assessment, industry research and operational analysis.
- Leading deal team to formulate investment theses and structure; produce investment recommendations and supervise junior and external resources in this process.
- Working with internal and external counter parties on the negotiation of relevant legal agreements and internal processes to close deals
- Serving as ongoing regular PG Impact Investments interface with portfolio company management, supporting and being proactive in all matters arising in the ordinary course of investment management, acting quickly to identify,address and correct issues.
- Proactive assistance on investment monitoring, impact reporting and market research Support new product and business initiatives for the private debt platform when necessary
- Coach / motivate team members Various ad hoc projects and administration as necessary
You will report directly to the Global Head of Direct Debt at PG Impact Investments (based in New York).
What We Offer
- Opportunity to play a major role in building out the debt platform of a new impact investing organization with the aim to reach an industry-leading position
- Fostering work environment with a passionate and talented international team in a fast-growing, ambitious company
- Highly professional, intellectually demanding and stimulating work environment
- Flat management structure with significant exposure to senior leaders and decision makers
- Attractive career path with a potential for long-term advancement Competitive salary and benefits with performance related compensation model
- Access to Partners Group’s global network, investment know-how and specialist resources.
The ideal candidate is a professional with the willingness and ability to excel within a highly entrepreneurial organization.
The successful candidate should have:
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in financial services.
- At least 3-5 years of track record as an investment professional, with direct debt and mezzanine investment experience and network in Africa and other emerging markets
- Proven ability to develop and manage a portfolio of current and future debt investees, identifying and structuring new debt transactions to meet client financing needs Deep network and established relationships to potential investees across African markets
- Experience in performing due diligence and/or risk assessments on social enterprises Restructuring experience considered a plus
- Demonstrated passion for impact investing, development finance or social enterprise work
- Familiarity with the latest impact measurement & management approaches Self-motivated and proactive team player with entrepreneurial mindset as well as excellent analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Master’s degree from a top-tier university, preferably with a focus on Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or Economics and excellent academic record
- Business fluency in English required
Please apply through https://career5.successfactors.eu/careers