SASC is a specialist fund manager providing finance to inspiring social sector organisations. Our investment approach puts social impact at the heart of everything we do: we are committed to providing creative capital that will enable organisations to grow and continue delivering scalable and sustainable solutions to social issues. Our investment team is honest, flexible and open-minded and really gets to know the social enterprises and charities that we engage with so we can support their work with simple and creative finance solutions.
About the role
We are looking for an outstanding individual who can combine first class credit analysis, investment execution and portfolio management skills with a genuine passion for the social sector. This new role will have primary responsibility for management of the portfolio (up to 50% of role), alongside making new investments.
- Origination of new investment opportunities and development of SASC’s network within the sector
- Credit assessment (both financial and social) of applications for funding, from review of initial business plan through detailed due diligence and research
- Financial modelling – building and manipulating financial models to test business plans and to structure appropriate financial solutions to support organisations
- Preparation and presentation of financing proposals to investment committee
- Negotiation of terms and conditions with investees and oversight of preparation of legal documentation
- Portfolio management – monitoring and reporting of investee financial and social impact performance, maintaining close relationship with investees including taking board observer positions, anticipation and management of challenges
- Liaising with intermediaries to provide specialist support to potential investees or portfolio organisations to support their growth plans
What we are looking for
- Expert in assessing, structuring and sponsoring debt and quasi-equity proposals. Likely to have commercial experience of seven years or more
- Demonstrable commitment to impact investing and supporting social enterprise desirable; this is a great opportunity for candidates working in the private sector to move into social investment
- Understanding of challenges in building and sustaining strong organisations whilst growing social impact; from start-ups to well established
- Good working knowledge of, or keen to learn about, the social sector, including voluntary and community sector, local and central government and the statutory sector as a whole
- Excellent financial modelling and due diligence skills
- Experience of negotiating transaction legal documentation
- Able to work well and communicate effectively with a wide range of people. This will include people who have both significant financial expertise and very little.
- Able to anticipate and solve problems; empathetic, resourceful and intellectually curious
- Strong team player who thrives in a busy environment and is able to work on their own initiative within a small team, often to tight deadlines
- Expertise in renewable energy would be an advantage
Salary and Benefits
- £50 – 65k per annum, potential for flexible working
- 30 days holiday
- Health insurance, life insurance, critical illness cover, pension scheme
- London-based at our offices in Euston
Please apply with CV and a covering letter to Sue Hainsworth at email@example.com explaining how you meet the person specification and why you think you would be the right person to join our team.
Deadline for applications: 11 December 2017
All applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits