African Capital Alliance (ACA) is a leading pan-African private equity firm with over $1 billion in aggregate capital commitments.
ACA’s international set up, but strong local expertise, enables it to raise funds from investors across the globe for investment in specific sectors in Nigeria and the Sub-Saharan African region. Since its formation in 1997, the firm has sponsored four private equity funds and one real estate fund.
ACA has strong on-the-ground presence, which combined with its track record, has attracted the interest of leading global investors from around the world. To date, the firm has made more than 40 investments across a number of high-growth target sectors, including oil and gas, power, TMT, financial services, real estate, FMCG and business services. It also has a history of successfully exiting investments and delivering strong returns to its investors.
The firm is currently investing out of its fourth private equity fund, and its inaugural real estate fund. A follow-on real estate fund is under preparation.
ACA’s real estate investments are focused on the retail, residential, office and hospitality sectors in West Africa. Our strategy is to provide equity financing across all the stages of the real estate development cycle to create and deliver optimized value to the fund investors. We leverage our deep relationships, industry and market knowledge to identify and realize the fund’s objectives while adopting best global practice in the execution of our projects.
The Vice President will be responsible for capital deployment (structuring, origination & execution) of private equity real estate investments. The role will assist in sourcing and executing transactions / deal opportunities that are aligned with ACA’s strategic goals as well as managing operating assets in the portfolio. ACA seeks entrepreneurial individuals who embody our core values and have a demonstrated history of academic and professional achievement.
Key functions of the candidate will include but not limited to the following:
- Lead sourcing, underwriting and structuring of investment opportunities across West Africa.
- Coordinate the development of project specific financial analyses for various asset types including retail, office, residential projects.
- Supervise and direct the preparation of quarterly and annual investor reports related to various funds
- Develop relationships with credible local developers and other market participants.
- Construction of financial models for projected investment performance, structuring of joint venture agreements and preparation of investment committee memos.
- Structure and negotiate transactions: Liaise with lenders, public officials and other capital partners; structure equity investments; Negotiate documentation
- Assist in driving efforts focused on the exit of existing assets within the portfolio including building relationships with buyers, investors etc.
- Asset Management: post-development investment oversight, including ongoing working relationship and oversight of developers
- Support fundraising efforts by producing marketing material, investment-related statistics, market data and case studies for inclusion in investor presentations.
- Become a knowledge center by tracking regional real estate fundamentals across property sectors to understand and communicate the key drivers of performance.
- Provide analytical support across functions (Communications, Investor Relations, Marketing, etc.)
The candidate will be required to have:
- At least 7 years of relevant full-time professional experience in Investment Banking/ Private Equity/ Corporate Finance experience.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration with International work experience
- Strong practical experience in structuring, negotiating and monitoring fund investments and direct co-investment transactions.
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Experience in real estate will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of West Africa’s real estate market is a plus
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, great interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with culturally diverse teams at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, including a demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently with good presentation skills
Area of Coverage
Applications should be in sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find more information here.