We are currently seeking a Manager/Senior Associate, Market Acceleration & Design Funding in Toronto,Canada or in Manila, Philippines. Convergence is headquartered in Toronto with a presence in Washington DC, Nairobi, and Manila
This role will report to the Manager, Market Acceleration & Design Funding, and will support in executing Convergence’s market acceleration and design funding work and contributing to the overall growth of an innovative start-up in the development finance space. The Manager will lead one or more market acceleration/design funding programs end-to-end and support all other team activities and programs.
The responsibilities below reflect a hire at the Manager level and would be adjusted for a Senior Associate hire.
- Manage incoming funding applications and manage applicant communications
- Lead review funding applications by performing initial assessment of applications, hosting review meetings with senior management and conducting desk research on shortlisted applications
- Provide feedback to applicants on draft application proposals
- Recommend to senior management the proposals to be shortlisted for further due diligence
- Conduct due diligence on shortlisted proposals
- Lead recommendations to Funding Committee and action on committee decisions
- Structure & negotiate terms, conditions, and milestones of funding agreements
- Prepare documents for final Board approval
- Report key metrics and results of the program to funders
- Develop strong relationships with grantees and provide technical guidance and advice
- Lead pipeline development for new applications (e.g., marketing funding window opportunities, identifying
organizations to engage with and encouraging applications)
- Lead development of funding award announcements, including press releases and other communication materials
- Lead development of case studies/knowledge briefs to disseminate learnings from the program
This is an illustrative list and programmatic activities may vary from program-to-program.
Engagement / Fundraising:
- Represent Convergence at industry events and conferences
- Support management team in fundraising and discussions with prospective donors (e.g., development agencies,foundations)
- Support (and in some cases, lead) development of fundraising proposals to potential funders
In addition to the responsibilities above, the scope will evolve over time to match the needs of a growing start-up.
We are looking for candidates with 6+ years of experience (4+ for the Senior Associate) in some combination of finance, investment/corporate banking, impact investing, deal experience, or grant making.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, international development, or a related field
- Previous experience, preferably transactional experience, in finance, investment/corporate banking, impact investing, or grant making, that demonstrates understanding of advanced finance concepts and deal management skills
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical capabilities (quantitative and qualitative); and detail-oriented project management
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills & communication skills; ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner (especially written)
- Able to work in a small entrepreneurial team environment as a collaborative partner
- Client & relationship management experience with senior leaders preferred
- Demonstrated interest in development finance and developing countries
- Foreign language skills are a plus
Interested and qualified applicants should send a single PDF document containing a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Manager/Senior Associate, Market Acceleration & Design Funding in the subject line. We are looking to hire quickly and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis; the application deadline is September 30, 2020.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.