FINCA Ventures is an impact investing initiative of FINCA International which builds on over 35 years of experience creating a global microfinance network that delivers financial access at scale. We know the challenges of building an enterprise in the world’s emerging markets and provide patient capital to innovative, high-impact social enterprises that spark household and MSME labor productivity. Our team actively partners with entrepreneurs who create solutions that meaningfully grow income and social resilience for families and small businesses.
- Assess investment results vis-à-vis clients’ social objectives through the application of industry standard metrics and the creation of customized metrics
- Create and implement FINCA’s global strategy for impact investing for the next ten years
- Develop fund strategy and lead the capital raise of the FINCA Ventures impact investment fund
- Manage origination and structure of new investments in sub-Saharan Africa
- Monitor industry and market trends and build global business relationships important to the success of FINCA Ventures
- Present on new investments, existing portfolio performance to the FINCA Ventures Investment
- Committee and the FINCA International Board of Directors
- Contribute to internal and external thought leadership to support business development for FINCA and market development in the sector
- Mentor and manage a team of 2-3 individuals
The ideal candidate will have primary responsibility for business development and should have extended experience in equity investments and have a deep understanding of blended finance and emerging markets investing. S/he is expected to have strong relationships in the African markets to increase the pipeline of viable investments.
The ideal candidate brings a passion for impact investing as well as entrepreneurial spirit, and an investment track record. The candidate will also have a good track record of influencing people and creating multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Demonstrated expertise and significant experience (15+ years) in direct investing, investment banking or corporate finance with some experience in emerging markets.
- Fluency in fund structuring and fundraising with experience working with Development Finance Institutions, Foundations, Donor Advised Fund sponsors and Registered Investment Advisors
- Strong transaction experience in business development, origination, structuring, and portfolio management
- Analytical skills and good business judgment to identify issues and suggest creative and practical solutions
- Familiarity with multiple financial products including blended finance, quasi-equity and straight equity
- Capacity to manage multiple priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule and work with multicultural teams and across boundaries
- Strong business networks and ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively internationally.
- Ability to work and collaborate with a broad network of stakeholders to deliver outcomes
Please send your cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for review