Application deadline: March 5, 2018 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Estimated start date: March 19, 2018
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include investment strategy, investment product development, market intelligence and due diligence, strategic advice, and thought leadership.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is an ideal position for a mid-career professional interested in consulting and looking to transition into or further a career in impact investing.
The Project Manager will play an important role on client projects, including through project planning and organization, managing teams, managing and communicating with clients, guiding research and analysis, and overseeing the development of client materials. Tideline’s clients include top-tier financial and philanthropic institutions working on a wide range of issues related to impact investing.
Candidates will be considered for Tideline’s New York office and will be offered an initial six-month employment agreement, with the possibility of converting to a permanent employee thereafter, depending the business’ needs at that time and performance.
The position is an important role at Tideline with opportunity for advancement, working closely with the firm’s Directors and Partners.
Core responsibilities include:
Project planning and coordination
- Leading project planning from the outset of a project, including developing the timeline, sequencing, and division of responsibilities
- Managing and coordinating the team’s efforts throughout the project, anticipating challenges and adapting as necessary
- Ensuring clear and timely communication and information sharing among the team
- Organizing meetings among the team and with the client as needed, including developing agendas and guiding the preparatory work needed
- Supporting client management with the Partners
- Ensuring information is communicated with clients in a clear and timely mannerCoordinating between Tideline project and client teams to plan and prepare for meetings
- Along with others on the team, guiding the research and analysis needed for projects
- Shaping the synthesis and analysis of the research conducted to create structure, draw out takeaways, and work toward conclusions and recommendations
- Developing customized frameworks that will form the basis of the approach to and presentation of the analysis
- Organizing and participating in team brainstorming activities, as needed
- Conducting research interviews, as needed
- Supporting drafting of project proposals
- Participating in meetings with prospective clients, as needed
- Contributing to communications- and marketing-related efforts, as needed
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; is exceptionally well-organized; excels at managing teams; writes and communicates well; and has experience in project management, consulting, finance, and/or impact investing. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The team is fun, too, and often works in a supportive, close-knit, all-hands-on-deck manner.
Desired qualifications and experiences include:
- Five to ten years of relevant work experience
- Experience in a similar role at a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, or comparable environment
- Experience managing teams, including supervising and supporting development of junior staff
- Master’s degree in relevant field a plus
- Experience in financial analysis, due diligence, and/or investment product development/ management a plus
- Knowledge of impact investing and/or philanthropy desired
- Exceptional critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Please apply through the link provided, and you may send any questions to email@example.com.
Please find more information here.