ERM is looking for a motivated Senior Consultant to join its Operational Performance and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Our clients are under increasing pressure to simultaneously cut costs, improve environment, health, safety and social (‘ESG’ or ‘sustainability’) performance and reduce operational risk. Leading companies are unlocking value by integrating sustainability more effectively with business decision making. Our Operational Performance team helps clients respond to these demands and we help clients turns sustainability from a necessary cost to a value creator.
Further, financial transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, divestments, project finance, and corporate loans, present a unique set of sustainability opportunities, risks and liabilities. These often require rapid financial quantification as part of the transaction process and also integration into the post-merger/acquisition integration plans. ERM’s M&A team provides global capabilities and in-depth understanding of the transaction process across the financial, extractives, power, industrial, manufacturing, chemical, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Managing or coordinating small or medium size projects or whole elements of larger multidisciplinary or global projects
- Delivering multiple project tasks or components, including proposals
- Supervising project team(s) and coaching and mentoring more junior staff
- Understanding the interrelationships between ERM services and policies and how these are applied within the clients’ business model
- Establishing strong working relationships with clients through project delivery
- Developing OP and M&A service activities in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Advising our key local, regional and global clients and finding solutions for their ESG and sustainability related challenges
- Making use of effective working relationships with business unit and participate in global technical communities to ensure strong network of resources
- Remaining up to date with external market and client industry trends
- Sharing expertise and knowledge within the business unit and/or global practice area
- Understanding how work of the project team and or practice community contributes to ERM’s success
- You will be part of our interdisciplinary and international team and will collaborate with ERM offices in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe, Middle East and Africa regions.
- Postgraduate degree (preferably a Master’s-level degree) in a technical ESG-related field (e.g. environmental, health and safety, social, engineering), as well as experience and/or qualifications in a business management-related field (e.g. financial, legal, change management, strategy etc.)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in ESG/Sustainability consulting
- Strong ESG Due Diligence and/or EHS compliance assurance experience
- Experience in ESG aspects of mergers and acquisitions, divestment, project finance, private equity, liability assessment and transaction advisory, is also desired
- Commercial acumen, business development and project management skills
- Commitment to excellence, and to health and safety
- Excellent leadership and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Experience with using data and technology to solve clients’ ESG problems
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work under pressure
Please submit your resume, including contactable referees, salary information and a brief cover letter. Qualifying candidates will be contacted by email or telephonically and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.EOE/AAE:
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please find more information here.