Senior Investment Associates are involved in all elements of Deal Making, supporting Principals throughout the end-to-end transaction cycle. Significant activities include sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities, managing a work stream within the due diligence process and occasionally working alongside the Post Investment Management(PIM) and Growth Support (GS) teams to work with portfolio companies to drive value creation post investment with significant senior support.
- Build and maintain a network of deal sources within the early stage investment ecosystem that regularly introduce high quality opportunities into the fund’s pipeline.
- Manage a pipeline of potential investments at different stages of the screening process, with senior support. Apply Edge’s investing methodology to craft a high-level investment thesis and together with financial evaluation and
investment structuring, motivate transactions to the rest of the deal team
- Executing all of the above within a strongly project managed work process is essential
- Undertake focused research and analysis as part of the due diligence process to understand the growth potential of a small business (including executing fundamental strategic analysis and applying sound business judgment to assess the market opportunity, the business model, and core team)
- Analyse historical financials and conduct financial modelling in order to value the company.
- Own one or more workstreams with the DD
- Drafting, negotiation and execution of legal agreements
- Effective transaction hand-over process and on-going collaboration with PIM and GS teams
Deal execution, with limited senior support:
Support the senior team in managing the process of:
The ideal Senior Investment Associates candidate have demonstrated the ability to execute fundamental strategic analysis, apply strong financial modelling skills (debt, mezzanine and equity), demonstrate sound business judgment,interact with senior executives as well as less sophisticated small business managers and manage complex, fast moving processes with senior support. These individuals are typically self-starters, feel a strong sense of ownership of their work, can effectively leverage junior resources and have excellent team and interpersonal skills
- At least a graduate degree, preferably with a technical and /or quantitative emphasis(finance, engineering, accounting, law, etc)
- An MBA, CA(SA) or CFA degree would be advantageous
- 4-5 years in equity/mezzanine/ debt investing or business consulting with a Tier 1 strategy firm ideally with private equity due diligence exposure.
- Alternatively, other experience, in highly analytical roles in investment banking, venturing and small business management will be taken into consideration
Interested candidates should send apply here https://edgegrowth.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=38
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the role described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to perform the work. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the role.
For more information, click here for detailed job description: https://edgegrowth.com/wpcontent/uploads/2020/07/SeniorInvestmentAssociate.pdf